Kirby Moor School
Longtown Road, Brampton, CA8 2AB, Cumbria
|Special Needs||ADHD, ASD, AUT, BESD, EBD, SEMH|
|Headteacher||Mrs Catherine Garton|
|Boys Age Range||7-18|
|Average Class Size||Max 5|
Kirby Moor School with The Herdley Bank Centre annex educates pupils aged 7-18, rated Outstanding again in December 2017. North Lakes Care-Education-Therapy operates the school sites providing therapeutic residential care and day pupil education for boys.
North Lakes has succeeded in enabling young people to make above expected progress socially, emotionally and academically. Our schools meet the needs of pupils who face Social, Emotional and Mental Health challenges. Our 2 school sites specialise in supporting and progressing those who live with: Autism spectrum conditions, attachment-based disorders, high anxiety & SEMH. Pupils typically have an EHCP.
"Pupils make rapid progress from their starting points across the curriculum. Pupils’ academic success is particularly strong in English and mathematics… Within a short space of time, pupils start to catch up with their peers nationally, in a range of subjects.." – Ofsted, Outstanding.
- We support pupils who benefit from a highly predictable daily routine, with formal and informal classroom spaces.
- Pupils achieve higher than expected rates of progress.
- The classroom learning and practical, hands-on activities are underpinned by the content of the National Curriculum.
- The facilities and teaching lead pupils to make outstanding progress academically, socially and in understanding the world around them.
- Individual robust transition programmes help support our pupils for the next stage of their education.
- The location promotes a quiet and calming environment.
- Our pupils achieve excellent attendance scores and truly re-engage with learning – including those with school phobia.